Please read the below thoroughly before booking any product or service with us. By making a booking or taking any equipment, you agree to adhere to the below.
This is the full list of terms and conditions for all Adventure Ventures Ltd's products and services, and applies to all businesses owned or operated by Adventure Ventures Ltd.
General Safety and Legal Rules - all customers warrant:
- To ensure that he or she has all the appropriate skill, fitness, knowledge, and training to use the Equipment or complete the trip safely.
- To check that the Equipment is in good working condition, and that all appropriate safety gear has been provided prior to using the Equipment.
- To pay the cost of repairs for any damage, or replacement cost for the loss, of the Equipment resulting during the Hirer's use of the Equipment.
- To be responsible for any minors in his or her care that are using the Equipment.
- That he or she is not under the influence of any alcohol or drugs while using the Equipment.
- That Adventure Ventures Ltd will not be liable to the Hirer for any damages arising as a result of the Equipment hireage.
- To indemnify Adventure Ventures Ltd against all liability in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, costs and expenses incurred by Adventure Ventures Ltd in respect of any injury to persons or damage to property arising out of the use of the Equipment.
- To pay on a pro-rata basis for any time that Adventure Ventures Ltd is not in possession of the equipment beyond the time originally agreed.
- To be personally liable for the cost of any search and rescue operations that may be deemed necessary at Adventure Venture's discretion.
Cycling Rules (in addition to the legal and safety rules above):
- All riders must be wearing suitable helmets at all times.
- All riders must familiarise themselves with, and adhere to, New Zealand road rules before riding on public roads. More info can be found on the below links:
Paddling Rules (in addition to the legal and safety rules above):
- All paddlers (and passengers if applicable) must be wearing suitable lifejackets.
- No paddling under or within 5 metres of the wharf, or within 5 metres of swimmers.
- Give way to and be considerate of all other watercraft and water users, including the East by West ferry.
- No paddling outside of the designated area on the casual rental register (essentially the bounds of Days Bay), without the agreement of staff and filling out the long-range register.
Cancellation and Refunds Policy
- Unless otherwise agreed, payment for all products and services is expected in full at the time of booking.
- Cancellations received outside of 7 days before the event's start time, will receive either a full refund, a voucher for the value of the booking (with 12 months until expiry), or a rebooking of the event, at the customer's discretion.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of the event's start time, will receive either a voucher for the value of the booking (with 12 months until expiry) or a rebooking of the event, at the customer's discretion.
- Advenute Ventures Ltd reserves the right to cancel any event or hireage at any time for health and safety reasons - for example in the case of extreme weather. In this case a full refund, voucher as above, or rebooking of the event will be offered to the customer, at the customer's discretion.